MLB: AL Predictions.
2013 MLB PREDICTIONS
1. TO BLUE JAYS: Loaded up on stars from the Mets and Marlins. Jose Reyes had all kinds of leg problems and now he is on artificial turf? He must stay healthy! Josh Johnson will be the key for pitching.
2. BA ORIOLES: They have good hitting and did win a lot of 1 run games in 2012. They need to find solid 1 and 2 starters. Closer Jim Johnson needs another big year and Adam Jones is an MVP candidate.
3. NY YANKEES: This is an old team but do not count out Jeter and CC. They will slip if the injuries last a long time.
4. TB RAYS: Good starting pitching and defense. Joel Peralta as the closer is question mark. They will need more from Longoria
5. BO RED SOX: Look for a big year from Jacoby Ellsbury and Will Middlebrooks; but their pitching is suspect.
1. DE TIGERS: They have one of the best hitters/pitchers in baseball. The division is weak and they should win it; but can they win in the playoffs?
2. KC ROYALS: James Shields will help this young team. Mike Moustakas is a great leader for them. They will surprise if they start fast.
3. CH WHITE SOX: Same team that over achieved last year. They will need a solid year from Chris Sale. Is Matt Thornton the new closer?
4. MN TWINS: Mauer, Morneau and Willingham could be dangerous if they are healthy; but the young pitching will decide how this team finishes.
5. CL INDIANS: Michael Bourn and Drew Stubbs will hit well for this team. Jason Kipnis is an emerging star. Which Ubaldo Jimenez will show up?
1. LA ANGELS: Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton could be the best 1, 3 and 4 hitters in the league. Weaver and Wilson need to pitch well all season. Only a bad closer will stop this team.
2. OA A’S: The young pitchers from last year need a repeat season. They will challenge for a wild card spot. The hitters need to cut down on the K’s. They need a solid closer.
3. TX RANGERS: Who will replace Josh Hamilton’s bat? Nelson Cruz is the new leader. Could be Ron Washington’s most difficult managing year.
4. SE MARINERS: Fences are moved in; but who will hit the home-runs and drive in runs? They have good pitching lead by Hernandez. Might still a year away but pitching could make them a .500 team.
5. HO ASTROS: They join the American League this year. Brett Wallace could be their new star. They are still years away