MLB: NL Predictions.
2013 MLB PREDICTIONS
1. WA NATIONALS: Loaded with pitching/hitting. Dan Haren is #4 starter on this team! #1 or 2 anywhere else. An even bigger year from Harper. Veteran Adam LaRoche could be the key to get this team to the top.
2. PH PHILLES: Can Rollins, Howard, Halladay and others put together a final run for a playoff spot.
3. AT BRAVES: Can the Upton’s carry this team? Dan Uggla needs to rebound from an off year in 2012. Their closer Craig Kimbrel needs another solid year.
4. NY METS: This team is hard to figure out. Losing Johan Santana hurts. If team can hit and everyday players stay healthy with Lucas Duda, and Ike Davis contributing along with David Wright could they contend for a wildcard spot?
5. MI MARLINS: Nice stadium but going to be a long season for fans and Giancarlo Stanton.
1. CI REDS: Brandon Phillips could have a breakout year and a healthy Joey Votto will make this team roll to the NC Central title.
2. PI PIRATES: Pirate fans hope last year’s collapse does not repeat in 2013. Andrew McCutchen is a gifted hitter. A J Burnett Wandy Rodriguez and James McDonald could be a good 1, 2, 3 rotation. Settling on a closer could be an issue
3. ST CARDINALS: This team needs to stay healthy. With Carpenter/Lohse gone it will hurt the starting staff. Carlos Beltran will need to have a big year.
4. MI BREWERS. This team needs a bullpen. They do have Ryan Braun and Yovani Gallardo but what else to make a run?
5. CH CUBS: This team is still a year away and the fans will have to accept that. Will Jeff Samardzija have a break-out year? Their farm system is getting better with some good pitching.
1. SF GIANTS: If Matt Cain has another strong season and Tim Lincecum bounces back they will win again. Sergio Romo as the closer might hurt this team and if they stop hitting ball they could slip.
2. AZ DIAMONDBACKS: This team must get back to winning the 1 run games and winning at home. Ian Kennedy needs to bounce back to show he is a legitimate #1 starter. Paul Goldschmidt needs to have a solid year. He is their new leader.
3. LA DODGERS: The pitching will be there and if Crawford, Kemp and Gonzalez can hit this team could win the division; but the pressure on manager Don Mattingly and the whole team to win could hold them down.
4. SD PADRES: They have a star 3rd baseman in Chase Headley and a closer in Huston Street but the starting pitching and everyday lineup is still in question.
5. CO ROCKIES: If they can stay healthy and the pitching rebounds they can finish near .500. Dexter Fowler is becoming a star.
WORLD SERIES CHAMPION